‘Yara Balba’ in traditional Darkinyung language, means Gum Tree Hill. ‘Stables’ represents a home for horses, a stable of artists, a place or studio for the development of creative ideas or a place to rest & stay.
Naturally then, ‘Yara Balba Stables’ offers horse riding instruction, art classes, facilitation of public art & community projects and on- farm accommodation options.
Our 56 acre (22Ha) farm at Mandalong, is 90 minutes easy drive from Sydney CBD, 5 minutes from the Township of Morisset on the Western sid of beautiful Lake Macquarie. Our stable has a family of 9 riding horses, a 60m x 20m covered and all- weather riding arena, sheltered saddling yardsand teaching area with an adjoining tackshed, separate purpose built art studio, fully equipped workshop, traditional farmhouse, newly constructed 3 bedroom fully accessible farmstay, small stables studio cabin and more.
Everyone loves coming to visit Yara Balba Stables, so why not check out what we do here and browse through the range of headings on this website!
We hope to meet YOU here soon!
We run regular riding lessons at our Accredited Equestrian Centre 1.5hours drive North from Sydney, in Mandalong, 5 minutes off the M! Motorway at the Morisset Interchange.
- After School riding lessons run weekly
- specialist clinics and riding activities held on some weekends.
- catering to all levels, beginners, returning riders and intermediate
- All weather covered arena to cater or riding groups
We hold studio art classes for:
- Adults, Young People and Groups
- Classes run every Thursday and cater to a variety of skills and abilities
- No skills required- bring your own projects along
- We cover foundation drawing skills, basic colour theory, painting with acrylics, oils, screen printing, mosaics, block printing, ceramics, working with ink and other materials/ or on self directed projects and activities.
Community Art Projects
We have worked on many community art projects, facilitating numerous creative initiatives, for a range of people and organisations across the Central Coast, Hunter and Newcastle Region in New South Wales. Many of our projects can be seen on location or via our on- line gallery, which include painted murals, sculptures, ceramics, mosaics, place making artworks, photographs, short DVDs and more. For more information about a project or concept you’re considering, call us anytime- we’re always happy to chat about new ideas!
For more info email: email@example.com
Recent Events on our Blog
Paul Seuren- China adventure 2019 with photos
Note New Lesson Times are 12.00pm- 3.00pm each THURSDAY