‘Yara Balba’ in First Nation Darkinyung language, means Gum Tree Hill.
‘Stables’ represents a home for horses, a stable of artists, a place or studio of ideas, or a place to rest & stay.
Not surprisingly, ‘Yara Balba Stables’ offers horse riding instruction, art classes, the facilitation of art projects and on- farm accommodation options.
Our 56 acre (22Ha) farm at Mandalong, is a 90 minute easy drive from Sydney CBD and 5 minutes from the Township of Morisset on the Western side of Lovely Lake Macquarie.
Our Stable has a family of 9 riding horses, a 60m x 20m covered and all- weather riding arena, sheltered saddling yards and learning area with an adjoining tackshed. We have a grassed and fenced show-jump area, 500m grass track for fitness training and open riding – and a small cross country training course under development in the sloping treed hills ‘up the back’.
We also have a separate purpose built art studio, fully equipped workshop, old traditional farmhouse, newly constructed 3 bedroom fully accessible farmstay, small stables studio cabin and more.
Everyone loves coming to visit Yara Balba Stables, so why not check out what we do here and browse through the range of headings on this website!
We hope to meet YOU here soon!
We run regular riding lessons at our Accredited Equestrian Centre 1.5hours drive North from Sydney, in Mandalong, 5 minutes off the M! Motorway at the Morisset Interchange.
- After School riding lessons run weekly
- specialist clinics and riding activities held on some weekends.
- catering to all levels, beginners, returning riders and intermediate
- All weather covered arena to cater or riding groups
- Grassed Show-jump arena, 500m fitness track, XC Course on the way…
We hold studio art classes for:
- Adults, Young People and Groups
- Classes run every Thursday and cater to a variety of skills and abilities
- No skills required- bring your own projects along
- We cover foundation drawing skills, basic colour theory, painting with acrylics, oils, screen printing, mosaics, block printing, ceramics, working with ink and other materials/ or on self directed projects and activities.
Recent Events on our Blog
Paul Seuren- China adventure 2019 with photos
Note New Lesson Times are 12.00pm- 3.00pm each THURSDAY
Community Art Projects
We have worked on many community art projects, facilitating numerous creative initiatives, for a range of people and organisations across the Central Coast, Hunter and Newcastle Region in New South Wales. Many of our projects can be seen on location or via our on- line gallery, which include painted murals, sculptures, ceramics, mosaics, place making artworks, photographs, short DVDs and more. For more information about a project or concept you’re considering, call us anytime- we’re always happy to chat about new ideas!